How do I order a prescription?
When you've signed in to Patient Access, there should be a section for Repeat prescriptions on your homepage. Within this section you will have the option to Request a repeat prescription. If you can't see this section or the link, contact your practice.
Note: If you have 'Message your practice' enabled, and your practice offer the repeat prescriptions service, you can ask for the option to request repeat prescriptions using the Services option in the Your details section.
- Click Request a repeat prescription.
- Select the medication that you need a prescription for.
You can only request prescriptions for medication that your doctor has already prescribed for you. If you want to request a new item of medication, contact your practice separately.
- If a message box is shown, you can type a message to go with your request.
Not all practices switch this feature on, so there may not be a message box.
- Click Submit Request.
- Check your request carefully, and then cancel, change or confirm it.
When you've confirmed a request, you can't cancel or change it from Patient Access, so you'll need to contact the practice directly if you need to make any changes.
When you go back to the list of medication on the homepage, you'll see that each item you requested has a status beside it:
- If the status is Requested, this means that your request has been sent to the practice and is waiting for the practice to take action.
- If the status is Accepted, this means that the practice has accepted your request, but you might need to wait another two working days before you can collect your prescription. Different practices have different waiting times, so contact your practice if you need more information.
- If the status is Rejected, this means that the practice can't give you the medication. Contact your practice for more information.
Watch this video for an overview of the prescription process: