I've forgotten my User ID
If you're having trouble signing in to Patient Access, make these checks first:
- Make sure you're not trying to sign in using the details in your registration letter from the practice, as you need to use these to register your account first.
- Make sure your CAPS LOCK key is not pressed by mistake, because your password is case sensitive
- Make sure you're using your User ID, not the old Practice ID and Access ID numbers.
If you still can't sign in:
- If you live in England, use the username or password reminder link (see instructions below).
- If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, contact your practice.
Forgotten user ID
- On the Patient Access homepage, click the User ID link or go to https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/Forgotten/UserId.
- Type your postcode.
- Select your GP practice.
- Click Next.
- Type your details.
You must complete all the boxes marked with an asterisk *.
- Click Next.
You'll receive an email with a reminder of your user ID.
Note: If the details you enter do not exaclty match those on your practice's system, the following message will be displayed:
"Unable to find a matching record at your practice. Please check the details you've entered and try again."
The most common causes for this are:
- Your house name/number does not follow the same format as that entered by the practice. This is often caused where your address contains either a flat number and building number or house name and number. Try entering one of the details, rather than both.
- Your email address recorded at the practice is an old one. Only try entering the old email address if you still have access to it, as this is where the User ID will be sent.